Something to drive Q Acoustics 2050i

Prancuzas

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi fellas, trying to join HIFI world at last.

Auctioned some floorstanders withing my budget and decided to go with Q Acoustics 2050i.

The amp that i've taken with me was NAD326BEE.

Also when audiotining 2050i we hooked up with store's Music Hall a35.2 and speakers performed even more better - more live and detailed.

Anyway i'm in a search for second-hand amp and would like to get more dynamic (but still maintaining warm) sound of 2050i. I suppose Marantz would do this job just fine?

Too bad i cant listen to different setups before buying so dont want to miss a lot with the first purchase.

The sales person of 2050i told that PM6004 wont be getting the best of the speakers. What about 7003 then? Or maybe 7200 (lots of positive reviews, but the seller told 7200 might be too "slow" for some electronic/pop music.

Any other ideas of which models of Marantz would be a nice companion to 2050i?

Maybe other manufacturer?

My budget is up to ~350usd or ~250pounds.

Thanks in advance!

Prancuzas

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for being unclear - i'm looking for second-hand in that budget.

And i will highlight my questions - will PM7200 be too slow for some music as the guy told?

What other manufacturers/models could take musicality best out of those 2050i?

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The guy is right about the 60004. I tried them and they were not very good in terms of clout and detail. I think it's because they are not powerful enough.

I ended up buying the Yamaha As500 and its been very good in comparison to the marantz pm6004 bit I can't comment on any of our other amps since I've not heard them. What I would say is that the 2050 need to be driven hard so you need a nice powerful amp

TRENDING THREADS