Q Acoustics 1050 5.1 - What To Do With The Sub...?

Hello Al7478

Gerrardasnails is correct.

From experience, I've found the best crossover frequency between the Q Acoustics 1010i and the 1000Si subwoofer is 85Hz - 90Hz. The crossover control on any subwoofer sets the upper limit to the frequencies (sounds) the subwoofer will emit. Therefore, in the case in question, signals lower than 85Hz will come from the subwoofer and signals above 85Hz will come from the 1010i speakers.

Best regards,

Steve Reichert -- PR Manager, Armour Home (Q Acoustics)

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
thankyou both very much!

what is the reasoning for setting the speakers to small on the amp?

you seem to agree, but there seems to be potentially 15Hz difference between your suggestions, is that not very much?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well, indeed - I also think that the previous answers on this thread have assumed you're using the smaller, 1010i, whereas your header mention the big 1050....

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Mmm (looks embarrassed and shifty). Well, thats the thing. it isnt actually my kit, im "helping" a friend - i found the details in the review section here. theres two q acoustics packages, and this is the one with the floorstanders. but isnt there another package with the floorstanders and smaller rears...? They are small-ish.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
al7478:thankyou both very much!

what is the reasoning for setting the speakers to small on the amp?

you seem to agree, but there seems to be potentially 15Hz difference between your suggestions, is that not very much?

15hz won't make much difference upwards (just means that the sub will kick in earlier) rather than if it were 15hz below what was suggested by Mr QA. Clare is right, I thought your speakers were the smaller ones - although it won't make much difference either way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts