Q Acoustics 1000C centre speaker bad match with Mordaunt Short ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please can anyone advise me if the Q Acoustics 1000C would be compatible with Mordaunt Short 902i front speakers and Mordaunt Short 302 rears, or would it sound totally out of place with the MS speaker range?

Any advice appreciated

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice

I was hoping the Q Acoustics may be compatible as it is such a good price at moment, and my budget is very tight.

A

Anonymous

I too have Mordaunt Short front speakers (floor standing 208's). They're 8 years old , but I'm loath to change them.

I wanted to get a new centre as the Kef I have is too big for my new stand, and like you, money is tight.

So I thought for £24 free del; the 1000C had to be worth a try..... Ordered!
emotion-21.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
piobob:So I thought for £24 free del; the 1000C had to be worth a try..... Ordered!
emotion-21.gif

You know what? I wouldn't have, simply because I don't think the QAcou centre won't blend at all well with the MS speakers.

Better by far to look for a matching Mordaunt-Short centre speaker, either new or used, or run the system in phantom centre mode until you can afford a matching centre.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
piobob:So I thought for £24 free del; the 1000C had to be worth a try..... Ordered!
emotion-21.gif

You know what? I wouldn't have, simply because I don't think the QAcou centre won't blend at all well with the MS speakers.

Better by far to look for a matching Mordaunt-Short centre speaker, either new or used, or run the system in phantom centre mode until you can afford a matching centre.

Ok, thanks Andrew.
[EDITED BY MODS - PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS MODERATION]

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
A quick Google search turns up MS Centres from @£100 new, and an Ebay search for Mordaunt Short Centre throws up some decent looking sub-£50 bargains from a variety of ranges.

A

Anonymous

I have Q Acoustics front speakers. Is there much difference between the 1000C and the 1000cCI centre speakers? Because 25 quid sounds a preety good deal, or should I save up and get the 1000CI for about 90 quid?

A

Anonymous

Ok thank you Andrew, have placed my order! I have also been considering getting 1030i's for the front and using the 1010i's at the rear, will it be a good match in your opinion?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts