Q acoustic 3020i paired with a passive subwoofer

fisto

Jun 22, 2024
Visit site
Hey!

A quick question. I have the above speakers. They sound great. Now I also have a passive subwoofer with a speaker passthrough.

The Q acoustic have a frequency range of: Frequency range (+3 dB, -6 dB): 64 Hz – 30 kHz

Here are the subwoofer details: Driver Units 1 Frequency Response (Hz) 50 to 200 Impedance (ohms)8 Power Rating (Watts) 80 Sensitivity (dB) 101

Would this bring any benefits at all, or so the speakers have everything covered?

Thanks!

Gray

Hey!

A quick question. I have the above speakers. They sound great. Now I also have a passive subwoofer with a speaker passthrough.
Seems to me you've got everything you need to do the test Fisto.
Which means that nobody in the world is in a better position than you to answer the question below.
Would this bring any benefits at all, or do the speakers have everything covered?

Reactions: Stuart83 and DougK1

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi fisto. I have used QA 3020 for some time in my second system. I liked those speakers. I used with them active subwoofer from french Cabasse. It was 8 inch SW with bassreflex and some 150 watt. And it worked wery good. I do not recommend passive subwoofers. Esp. not a solution like mentioned by you. SW needs adjustment possibilities, like crossover frequency, phase, volume. This will help you to find desired sound. On the other hand, 3030i play with a lot more bass than 3020i and sound of 3050i is "full flavour" with full potent bass - with equaly good amp of course. BR.

manicm

Hey!

The Q acoustic have a frequency range of: Frequency range (+3 dB, -6 dB): 64 Hz – 30 kHz

Here are the subwoofer details: Driver Units 1 Frequency Response (Hz) 50 to 200 Impedance (ohms)8 Power Rating (Watts) 80 Sensitivity (dB) 101

Would this bring any benefits at all, or so the speakers have everything covered?

Thanks!

How are you powering that passive subwoofer?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts