Properly Setting Up Tidal for Best Sound Quality when using a USB DAC

gasolin

http://www.head-fi.org/t/790382/guide-properly-setting-up-tidal-for-best-sound-quality-when-using-a-usb-dac (not shure if it works for me since i only can choose my m2hiface 2 and not jr media center XX under sound output)

1) Download and install JRiver Media Center. Click here to Download and install the latest Tidal desktop app for PC or Mac.

9) Open the Tidal Desktop App. Make sure JRiver is still open as well.

10) In Tidal, click "Settings" on the left side menu.

11) Click the heading labeled "Streaming"

12) Under "Sound Output" select the option that states "Speakers (JRiver Media Center XX ) "

Congratulations! You may now play songs in the Tidal app and get the befits of circumventing Direct Sound and instead use WASAPI or ASIO because the Tidal audio now streams directly through JRiver!

The only drawback is that so far I have to go to Settings>Streaming>Sound Output then select Speakers (JRiver Media Center __ ) every time I close and reopen the Tidal App. It seems this setting doesn't save by itself. A small price to pay for a noticeable increase in quality!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I did this some time ago in order to use the JRiver DSP with Tidal. But there is no inherent improvement in sound quality just by streaming through JR. Also streaming is laggy and freezes sometimes. Unless you need to use JR DSP it's pointless.
Before Tidal I tried the same with Spotify, with same result.
I think I posted some of my findings here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts