Projector Screens

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I purchased an Infocus IN78 off eBay about 2 years ago. It was for a house we had just agreed. That sale fell through and the projector has remained in the box. Im moving back to my parents house at some point soon (the house is too big for them and they can't sell for decent money at the moment and I can't sell mine either) so I know the size of the room and what size screen it can handle.

A quick search through the auction sites get me this -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180518552750

It looks like it's hung from the ceiling by hooks although one of the pictures shows screw holes to the back of the casing. I'd be knocking up a bit of it box to hide the screen casing so I could screw it into that to give more stability to the screen.

The price is the appealing factor here as Im looking to do the whole projector fairly cheaply to see how I get on with it. If I prefer it to TV viewing then I'd be looking to get a better PJ and screen. If I don't like it, then I can always sell it on at not too much of a loss. I have priced electric screens by Beamax and they were coming in over £500.

I take it that the screen is cheap for a reason although I don't have enough knowledge of screens to know what that reason is. Can anyone enlighten me? The seller says he hasn't seen more expensive screens so can't comment, although he would say that!

Another small point is it's an RF trigger. Anyone know of any way to convert RF to IR so I could program my Harmony One to activate it?

P.S. Not sure about the house rules regarding eBay links so apologies if Im breaking any.

BlackSpy

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I thought the newer Harmony 1s did RF too?

Anyway, there just isn't enough information there to really know what downsides there may or may not be. I'd say though that you're better spending a limited budget on good screen fabric than on bad electric motors.

TRENDING THREADS