Project RPM 5 cartridge change!!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, i need to change the cartridge on my deck and wanted to put on the Ortofon 2m red. Is this that i could do or should i take it to a dealer to fit. If its easy enough then i'll do it but i dont want to make a mess of it.
Also how does the quality of a MM cartridge compare to a MC cartrige and can i fit the MC to the RPM 5.
Thanks in advance.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
shooter69:Hi all, i need to change the cartridge on my deck and wanted to put on the Ortofon 2m red. Is this something that i could do or should i take it to a dealer to fit. If its easy enough then i'll do it but i dont want to make a mess of it.
Also how does the quality of a MM cartridge compare to a MC cartridge and can i fit the MC to the RPM 5.
Thanks in advance.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
I too was petrified of messing up this very job, but plucked up the courage and at the end of the day it was pretty easy. The hardest thing was disconnecting the wires that connect to the cartridge - it's a pretty tight fit and I had visions of using too much force and them coming off suddenly and ripping the whole lot off the tonearm!

Would also advise getting your head around cartridge alignment et al before starting - something I personally found generally confusing!

TRENDING THREADS