Project Debut3 + Project phono box2...OR.....Project Debut 3USB

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am new to HiFi and just want to be able to dust off my vinyl and get decent results.

So, which would give best Audio as in title.......Debut 3 with separate Phonobox2 £195 @Superfi

OR.............the USB version with built in preamp? £189 @ Superfi

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Nads.

The USB version is a neater and slightly less expensive solution. I just wondered if there was likely to be any difference in Audio quality between the two.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="kevmarshall"]
Thanks for that Nads.

The USB version is a neater and slightly less expensive solution. I just wondered if there was likely to be any difference in Audio quality between the two.

[/quote]
Unlikely to be any difference in sound quality between these two. I agree with Nads, go with the separates, which will allows you more flexibility if for example you decide to upgrade your turntable a year or two down the line. Add £20-30 (I'd say) to both of those prices for a decent interconnect.

A

Anonymous

Right, Project Debut 3 & Project Phonobox 2 purchased & on their way as we speak.

I have some reasonably good gold interconnects that I will try out first.

The next question is what is the best (not too expensive) way of cleaning up my old vinyl to get the best out my new gear?

PS. Should I be getting Email notification of any replies? I'm not so far...................

A

Anonymous

[quote user="tractorboy"]

Add £20-30 (I'd say) to both of those prices for a decent interconnect.[/quote]

I am using some old Lektropacks own brand gold interconnects at the moment.

I have the chance of some CHORD CALYPSO at £17 (RRP £29.99)..............................are they the type of buget cables that would compliment my buget Project turntable and Amp?

John Duncan

[quote user="kevmarshall"]The next question is what is the best (not too expensive) way of cleaning up my old vinyl to get the best out my new gear?[/quote]

I give an espousal of the benefits of the Knosti Disco Antistat here. Best value upgrade for a vinyl playing system you can buy.

[quote user="kevmarshall"]PS. Should I be getting Email notification of any replies? I'm not so far...................[/quote]

In theory I think there's an option to do so, but it doesn't work. Andrew may confirm.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts