Program names on Freeview PVR recordings

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to lose my Sky+ and want to buy a freeview PVR, with dual tuners like the SKY so i can record 2 things at once. Whats my best option.

Also another question is, does a freeview PVR aoutomatically record the name of the program like Sky+, so i can go into the planner days/weeks later and select the programs by name? In the past i have seen things like Sony DVD recorders (not PVR versions) where it simply indicated the date/time duration and channel recorded. This is no good, I want something where i dont have to manually rename my recodings. What is this auto naming functionality called?

I've seen the Sony DVD/HDD recorders get good press from What Hifi but i have not actually seen any reviews, only the miniguides in the back of recent mags. Can anyone enlighten me?

John Duncan

The Humax does all that you ask, and is excellent quallity. Forget it if you want to archive to DVD later though, I've never got it to work. You may wish to wait for the launch of Freesat, however, and see what PVRs appear to work with your existing sattelite dish - at least you'll get some HD content.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts