Problem with interference on Pioneer Amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys

Im not big into this kind of thing so hopefully you can help. I have a Pioneer A400 amplifier I bought many years ago, although it has not seen a lot of use I decided to use it recently to play speakers through my TV.

The only problem is I am getting massive interference. The only audio out on the TV is the headphone jack, so I have connected a jack to phono cable from the TV into the phono input on the back of the amp. Although it works the interference is huge and I cannot understand why. It gets slighty better when the TV volume is turned up full with the base off, but the quality is still terrible to the point where I cant use it. Any ideas what might be wrong?

I notice there is a grounding point on the amp, although I have never used this before and the CD, radio etc all work perfect, so I dont know if it would be this? If it is what is the best way to earth it?

Thanks for any help, Gary :)

A

Anonymous

Just to add- this set up is in the back room of my garage away from everything else so there isnt a lot that could interfere with it, the only thing it would be quite close to would be the main power line coming into the house (about 5 metres away) also the only other thing connected to the TV is a co-ax cable with a SKY eye running to my HD box in the house.

Cheers

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
perhaps your telly is amping the signal meant for headphones, and that's getting distorted by your amp? Are you sure there are no other outputs (round the back, under a panel etc?)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts