Problem setting up Marantz SR7009 with A/B speakers set

Ivan991

Dec 27, 2021
Visit site
Hello, I am glad that I became a part of such a company of audiophiles!

I am a beginner in the Hi-Fi world, and I cannot solve one problem which bothers me for months. I have a Marantz SR7009 stereo amp, Qaquistics 3050i, B&W 602 s3 and M1 set of speakers.
I want my setup to be 7.0 (I have a central speaker also), but to have an option to choose between first and second set of front speakers, for stereo listening.
I set them up in 7.1 + front B setup, but I have a very strange problem. When I play just the A or B set of speakers, I don't get the usual quality and sound power that I suppose to get. But when I put them in A+B mode, I have the quality and the real power of the speakers, independently. The real problem is that I don't know what I am doing wrong or how to set up them and get the required sound power and quality when I run them separately.

Any suggestions or heads up?

Tnx!

Logic suggests that this should sound better when driving one pair of speakers - driving two from one amp may be too much for it to do adequately, though you may have them out of phase - which would mean they are trying to cancel each other out rather than augment each other.

For surround sound, you really need an AV receiver...

nads

I am a beginner in the Hi-Fi world, and I cannot solve one problem which bothers me for months. I have a Marantz SR7009 stereo amp, Qaquistics 3050i, B&W 602 s3 and M1 set of speakers.
I want my setup to be 7.0 (I have a central speaker also), but to have an option to choose between first and second set of front speakers, for stereo listening.
I set them up in 7.1 + front B setup, but I have a very strange problem. When I play just the A or B set of speakers, I don't get the usual quality and sound power that I suppose to get. But when I put them in A+B mode, I have the quality and the real power of the speakers, independently. The real problem is that I don't know what I am doing wrong or how to set up them and get the required sound power and quality when I run them separately.

Tnx!
I would suggest you let us know exactly how you have wired up the speakers as there are so many options on that amp. And I see no A/B option.

Tinman1952

Tnx!
Hi. The Marantz SR 7009 is not a stereo amp it is a nine channel AV receiver. What do you have the A and B speaker connections wired to?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts