Probably my next upgrade

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
All these Marantz TT15 I've seen advertised recently are fitted with a Virtuoso cart.
All these Marantz TT15 I've seen advertised recently are fitted with a Virtuoso cart.
Really? That's an expensive cartridge, at least it is if I am looking at the right one. Any links?
It's not an easy one to fit if needing to is what I meant.
Ignore that..... Its the V2 wood I was looking at.... Silly me, of course they aren't going to fit a £900 cartridge.

Really? That's an expensive cartridge, at least it is if I am looking at the right one. Any links?
It's not an easy one to fit if needing to is what I meant.
Ignore that..... Its the V2 wood I was looking at.... Silly me, of course they aren't going to fit a £900 cartridge.
Well, it's described as a Marantz Virtuoso MM cartridge, but as the table is based on the Clearaudio Emotion and this Virtuoso cart I guess is a renamed Clearaudio.

Reactions: WayneKerr
Well, it's described as a Marantz Virtuoso MM cartridge, but as the table is based on the Clearaudio Emotion and this Virtuoso cart I guess is a renamed Clearaudio.
It is and presumably it is better than the usual Ortofon offerings but then I have never heard one or auditioned this deck.
It is always best if you can find a dealer that will ditch the standard cartridge and fit one you actually want.

It is and presumably it is better than the usual Ortofon offerings but then I have never heard one or auditioned this deck.
It is always best if you can find a dealer that will ditch the standard cartridge and fit one you actually want.
Certainly wouldn't want another Clearaudio cart. Had a couple now and something like a Goldring 1042 or perhaps a similar priced Nag or Ortofon Bronze appeal more.

That deck does look nice.

WayneKerr

Your table didn't come with a fitted cartridge?
It's in the box with the turntable you just follow the instructions and fit it yourself. It's not a plug and play turntable, there is a certain amount of assembly required. It's during assembly you appreciate the elegant simplicity and excellent build quality of it.

The actual cartridge is a Marantz Virtuoso Ebony and is definitely a re-badged Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood cartridge. The only reason I didn't fit it was because I already had the Nagaoka cart.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts