Question What would you upgrade next

Mpop10

Nov 4, 2021
Visit site
I've just ordered the Pro-Ject Debut pro turntable & I'm thinking of my next upgrade, my current system is as follows,

Pro-Ject Debut Pro Turntable

Pro-Ject Phono Box BT E Pre Amp

Sonos Port

Onkyo A-9030 Amplifier

Wharfedale Diamond 12.3 Speakers

What would you replace next?

Mpop10

Nov 4, 2021
Visit site
I'm thinking of replacing the Amp, budget of around £500, I use the phono box for bluetooth for headphones, the Sonos port is to stream the turntable around the house

Looking it up, the amp's about ten years old and was a four star product at £250. Amplification hasn't come on in vast leaps and bounds since then, but I would think you should be able to get a noticeable improvement - you still haven't said what you are hoping to improve though! Livelier, more detail, more bassy, less sibilant etc etc...

Mpop10

Nov 4, 2021
Visit site
I guess I'm looking to improve the "sound" that comes fro the speakers. probably more detail. Is there an amplifier that I can connect my bluetooth headphones to?

I'm thinking of replacing the Amp, budget of around £500, I use the phono box for bluetooth for headphones, the Sonos port is to stream the turntable around the house
So the turntable is connected to the Project Phono Box?
I was going to recommend upgrading that but perhaps not as I don't know a better one that includes Bluetooth so the amplifier itself might be my suggestion in this case.
Perhaps you should audition something like the Rotel A11 Tribute or Denon PMA800ne

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts