ProAc

plastic penguin

Yesterday had a interesting conversation with Unilet. He's a Leema dealer, so I asked what speakers he feels pairs well with Leema. He said ATC & ProAc. Personally not had any experience with ProAc, although owners tend to love the presentation.

Anyone on here with ProAc, and if so, what is the presentation like?

plastic penguin

Hey PP, The British audiophile likes his proc speakers and seems to be a very honest dude . I'm interested in the brand myself for future reference along with fyne audio's stand mounts.
View: https://youtu.be/Cq3wXnoqSos
Yup, seems like a good guy.

The ones Unilet suggested was the DB3. He asked what my budget is & I threw out a random figure of 2k.

The reason why I found it interesting is I've read countless times that ProAc is best with valve or class A amps. The Leema, by contrast, and although very natural, are agile sounding.

In a few weeks I'll try and blag a demo

Reactions: doifeellucky

Gray

I demoed the little Tablette Reference 8 model. Best imaging I've ever heard - with masses of physical space around and between them in a 'perfect' demo room.
Back home, with them necessarily closer to a front wall, the rear ports made them unlistenable. Which is a shame because the sound was otherwise very good.
I think you might find out why the brand is so well liked.

plastic penguin

I demoed the little Tablette Reference 8 model. Best imaging I've ever heard - with masses of physical space around and between them in a 'perfect' demo room.
Back home, with them necessarily closer to a front wall, the rear ports made them unlistenable. Which is a shame because the sound was otherwise very good.
I think you might find out why the brand is so well liked.
There's always that risk where they sound pants in a house setting. But I've not had any real issues with my speakers in that respect.

Reactions: Gray

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts