Proac response d two vs ATC SCM19

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

What are your experiences on the proac response d two. Couldt find much information from users online. How does it compare to the ATC SCM19,

Thanks.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Response D2's are effectively a standmount version of the old Response D15, which were a great speaker, and obviously brings the benefits of standmounts to the table. For me, ProAc speakers start with the Response series, and the D2's keep up ProAcs reputation for making great speakers.

The SCM19's are a bigger version of the 11's, which we think is are the star model of the range. For the money, these models punch way above their weight, and should be on everyone's shortlist.

You'll find the ATC's to be fairly neutral, and the ProAc's to sound a little sweeter - because of this the ProAc's will sound a little livelier at lower volumes. Both models work well against the wall (the ATC's are sealed, and the ProAc's are front ported), so are fairly room friendly. The ProAc's will be a slightly easier to drive due to their 88.5dB sensitivity (compared to the SCM19's 85dB). In the end it may come down to your amplification as to which you would go for - system synergy is extremely important at this quality level.

A

Anonymous

I`m inclined more for the proacs then, as I listen both at day and night, and I`m looking for a more sweetier sound than a mechanical one. How do the proacs and ATCs compare bass wise, and what power amplifier do you recommand as a good match to the proac?

Thanks.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
After a demo I did recently of ProAc's and ATC's, I was surprised how well the ProAcs stood up to the ATC's, after expecting the ATC's to win comfortably. In comparison, I expected the ProAc's to sound a little boomy in comparison, but this wasn't the case.

At the end of the day it's all down to your own personal preference, so do get an audition of both together.

As for amplification, like all speakers at this sort of price point, they do respond well to better amplification. The amplifier you have would be fine - were you thinking of these for your listed system or for another one?

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:

As for amplification, like all speakers at this sort of price point, they do respond well to better amplification. The amplifier you have would be fine - were you thinking of these for your listed system or for another one?

I was thinking of a new amplifier in this system, but seeing that the proac is 8ohms, I should check them first with my current amplifier which is conservativly rated at 120w/channel. I think that rotel should be a good match as the rotel is a little bit on the neutral/bright side, while the proacs are alittle bit on the smoother side from what i read. If i`m not happy with the sound I could buy a 2 channel power amp later on to match the proacs. I could use the 2 remaining channels of my 5channel RMB1075 for zone 2 if that is the case :)

If i find that I like the sound of the proacs/rotel combo, I will buy a small power amp for zone 2.

David, do you export within the E.U. ?

Cheers

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
daspaceman:David, do you export within the E.U. ?It depends on the manufacturer as some allow this and some don't. Best thing is to e-mail me - details in my bio
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts