Question Pro-ject T1 BT Turntable

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I’m considering dipping my toe into the world of vinyl.

I need a turntable with Bluetooth connectivity and my research (and max budget) has pointed me in the direction of the above turntable.

It will be connected to a Denon AV 3600H amp with B&W 603 speakers.

Has anyone had any experience of the above turntable, or have alternative suggestions?

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

The turntable will be located the other side of the room (~15 feet), a long way from the amp. Unfortunately it's not practical for me to hard wire it in.

My AV cabinet is full and I have a 65" TV stuck on the top of it, so there's no where for the deck to go, hence needing the bluetooth option.

I should add, I have huge OCD, so there is only ONE place for the deck to go haha. OCD and Hi-Fi doesn't go well together I find.

Reactions: sonic1 and Al ears

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
I’ll probably just go and buy it.

I’ve seen the Pro-ject Essential III for about the same price. Not knowing a lot about turntables the reviews say this has a better cartridge etc. Ofroton 10?

The setting up of it though looks very difficult in my simple mind though! What’s with the swinging weight on a string thing?

I’ll probably just go and buy it.

I’ve seen the Pro-ject Essential III for about the same price. Not knowing a lot about turntables the reviews say this has a better cartridge etc. Ofroton 10?

The setting up of it though looks very difficult in my simple mind though! What’s with the swinging weight on a string thing?
That's the anti-skate device...
The Essential doesn't have BT and has a cheaper cartridge.

D

Deleted member 108165

Would you say the Essential III is a better table?
Yes. The Essential III will give you more scope to try different carts at a later date due to adjustable VTF and bias settings. The T1-BT has a fixed counter weight and bias so you are stuck with the OEM cart fitted. However, the Essential will take more time to set-up, the T1-BT will play almost straight out of the box.

Reactions: sonic1 and Al ears

sonic1

Dec 27, 2019
Visit site
I just set up an Essential III for my brother in law, the cart is already fitted, 2 mins of a youtube video will help you set it up although a £8 tracking force gauge will help to get it spot on.

I am very impressed with it for the money.

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Yes. The Essential III will give you more scope to try different carts at a later date due to adjustable VTF and bias settings. The T1-BT has a fixed counter weight and bias so you are stuck with the OEM cart fitted. However, the Essential will take more time to set-up, the T1-BT will play almost straight out of the box.
The essential doesn't have VTA adjustment, this only starts on the RPM series or above a Debut. Tracking weight can be adjusted on both but the counterweight is held in place by a grub screw on the T1.

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks all for the advice. I don’t know what VTA means (sorry) :oops:

I’ve seen the Essential III for £299 so I think I’ll buy that as it‘s £30 cheaper than the T1 and from reading the advice above is a better table. Plus I can buy a record or two with £30 saving over the T1.

D

Deleted member 108165

The essential doesn't have VTA adjustment, this only starts on the RPM series or above a Debut. Tracking weight can be adjusted on both but the counterweight is held in place by a grub screw on the T1.
Who mentioned anything about adjustable VTA? Tracking weight on the T1 will be rather difficult to adjust with only a grub screw available for fine tuning... Essential III is a far better option.

D

Deleted member 108165

Thanks all for the advice. I don’t know what VTA means (sorry) :oops:

I’ve seen the Essential III for £299 so I think I’ll buy that as it‘s £30 cheaper than the T1 and from reading the advice above is a better table. Plus I can buy a record or two with £30 saving over the T1.
VTA = vertical tracking angle
VTF = vertical tracking force
Bias = anti-skate
:)

You're on the right track with the Essential (y)

Reactions: ianinkent

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
All set up! The anti skate weight was fiddly.

Sounds good over Bluetooth to me. Can’t hard wire it so can’t compare sound quality.

Can‘t go too loud or I get a rather loud rumbling. Vibration I guess?

90db is loud enough for me though.

Sounds better with the lid shut for some reason.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts