Pro-Ject Stream Box DS

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi

will WHF team review this product ? It works with external hard drive (not like SQT), gapless playback , high res. USB , and many more interesting things .I can not find any review on internet so far , it also looks simple and very good ,I've seen it in Manchester yesterday .

matthewpiano

It sounded unexceptional at the show through Pro-ject's own amp and speakers but it would be interesting to hear it in a better environment and with better amplification and speakers such as your Rotel kit. Certainly seems a well made piece of kit.

A

Anonymous

Yes, it's good and simple. I installed it only 2 minutes with WIFI connection. But it has few tricky things: e.g. different front and back USB management: for high res. files you should use front USB port.

A

Anonymous

Yes, it's good and simple. I installed it only 2 minutes with WIFI connection. But it has few tricky things: e.g. different front and back USB management: for high res. files you should use front USB port.

krazy_olie

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
That is a very well specced product, allows streaming and the use of a proper hard drive it seems. I expect a lot more of this kind of product to pop up over the next year.

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I need to set up demo . I have read one very positive review . I can not find more so far . Can You give more details about those tricky things please ? I was thinking that I would connect some 500 GB external hard drive with flacs and hi-res flacks via back usb port and front one i would use with iphone (in case ) there shouldn't be a problem with powering of hard drive (like squeezebox touch has ) Cos I dont wanna use streaming options with NAS , only internet radio . Also iPhone/iPad control app should be out soon . and maybe Spotify next ? :)

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I hope you are right , something like this with built in hard drive . or just new squeezebox touch (but not even rumour so far ) , for reasonable price of course

A

Anonymous

Don't use back USB port for high res audio files: this port is designed for Ipod, etc. with 16/48 resolution max. For 24/88, 24/96 or 24/192 files you should use front USB port or network connection.

I know this is not documented, but it's true. I just tested an unit and I was very surprised the sound quality of high res files on back USB port.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts