Power of Persuasion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

TrevC

ellisdj said:
TrevC said:
ellisdj said:
Its all about clean power TrevC even an 82 yr old can hear it

You don't listen to the mains. In quality equipment all traces of the mains are eliminated so the quality of it is therefore irrelevant, not that pieces of wire can affect it anyway.

In my experience pieces of wire can matter as much as the kit - i.e. the kit doesnt sound very good until its connected with the right wire and I am talking very good kit.

You are mistaken if you think mains wires can affect sound quality.

TrevC

ellisdj said:
Deaf you mean ;)

Good point

I realise I am going deaf, but my heaing used to be excellent. Daft is worse than deaf. Daft is wasting money on silly things like bits of wire, things that can't possibly make any difference at all over and above a good well made connection and cable fit for purpose. But please, don't take my word for it. Ask anyone with electronics knowledge.

http://sound.westhost.com/articles/myths.html

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
TrevC said:
It has been demonstrated that the earth is a sphere, just as it has been demonstrated that mains wires have no effect on performance.

But to close one's mind to any alternative is almost – well, religious.

TrevC

spiny norman said:
TrevC said:
It has been demonstrated that the earth is a sphere, just as it has been demonstrated that mains wires have no effect on performance.

Should I open my mind to the possibility that the earth is flat, or that things that can't possibly make any difference might?

TrevC

Al ears said:
spiny norman said:
TrevC said:

Wrong, it's actually an oblate spheroid.... ;-)

Not a perfect sphere, a bit like many's biased opinions.

Yet still you persist in voicing them, Mr pedant.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
TrevC said:
Should I open my mind to the possibility that the earth is flat, or that things that can't possibly make any difference might?

If one never opens one's mind, and instead sticks to the established orthodoxy, there would never be any discoveries.

TrevC

spiny norman said:
TrevC said:

If one never opens one's mind, and instead sticks to the established orthodoxy, there would never be any discoveries.

Perhaps, but we are talking audiophool fantasy here, not science. Audiophoolery is anti-science. They 'listen' to mains wires and plugs, the loons.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
TrevC said:
Perhaps, but we are talking audiophool fantasy here, not science. Audiophoolery is anti-science. They 'listen' to mains wires and plugs, the loons.

I guess 'burn the witch!' was about the answer I was expecting. Oh well!

TrevC

spiny norman said:
TrevC said:

Non sequitur. To burn someone as a witch is irrational and unscientific, as is the belief that bits of wire that cost a fortune work better that correctly specified wire that doesn't.

TrevC said:
spiny norman said:
TrevC said:

Non sequitur. To burn someone as a witch is irrational and unscientific, as is the belief that bits of wire that cost a fortune work better that correctly specified wire that doesn't.

Try telling that to the Spanish Inquisition.... ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts