Power amp for CA 540R??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have a CA 540R and MA R8 stereo speakers. Source is a PS3 Slim (digital out) but have no sub or power amp. Any suggestions on what to improve the sound of the system for stereo music i.e. sub, power amp etc

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have the same amp and would suggest that you aren't doing it or your nice speakers justice with your source being a PS3. A dedicated CD player would reap major sonic improvements, and you wouldn't go far wrong with sticking with the same brand of Cambridge...perhaps you could audition one before purchasing.

Alternatively, the Cambridge DAC would also improve your system greatly I would imagine. A power amp in my opinion is not the way to be going as the 540R has good control and seperate amp modules for each channel. The source is the weak link tho...

Best of luck...

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
As I am not familar with the PS3 and this might not be feasible, how you tried using L&R phono leads from PS3 to amp and let the PS3 do the DAC side of things.

As previous said a dedicated CD player would be the way to go for music playback and as most decent cd players have good DAC's I would suggest connecting it as previous mentioned.

A

Anonymous

I am confused as I thought that the 540R internal DAC was doing the converting if the PS3 was sending a digital bitstream, and if so, is the pickup on the PS3 laser poor?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts