Posts disappearing in WhatHiFi forum

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I posted the Final Audio Pandora review 2 days ago, and I got the usual acceptance screen "...topic has been created..." all official looking, then went back later and it wasn't there. Tried again today and got acceptance again, but still no post. So my instinct said to clear all cached Internet info including logins, cookies etc., and after doing that, now I can create a topic that not only is accepted and displayed as posted, but the post actually appears.

I would think that this can cause much anguish for loyal forum members. At the very least there shouldn't be an acceptance screen when the post isn't actually accepted.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Dalethorn, apologies, but due to the number of spam attacks we've had recently we've had to turn our Mollom spam filter settings up to the max and it may be that your post became a victim of that. I'll take a look in the moderation queue and see if there's anything there.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the explanations. I've seen some of those spam attacks here and there - you'd almost think it was some kind of exercise for them. I thought spam was supposed to be selling something.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts