Posting from and iPad

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I have found a trick to making posts from and iPad without having your account changed to HTML or whatever it is.

Takes a bit of timing but press the Make Post or Reply buttons, as soon as you see the reply box appear press the X in the address bar at the top of the page do not let it fully refresh, if you get it right you should still see the save button at the bottom of the page and be able to type in the Subject & Body fields, and there you have it.

To prove it this was posted from a Pad.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I have been experimenting, alternatively just disable rich text at the bottom of the page once it has refreshed ? Is that new with the forum update?

A

Anonymous

Readers of any of my posts may disagree, but definitely an improvement to be able to post from iPhone as well as just browse! ;-)

scene

Posting from the iPad seems fine now, with the "disable rich-text" setting :)

...but using preview resets input to rich text, and when you change it back to plain text entry, it's the interpreted HTML you see, not necessarily what you were typing. Guess I'll have to improve my HTML ;)

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
I can barely USE the forum with my iPad let alone post.

iPad works fine browsing other sites but regularly crashes on WHF forum as well as "flickery"re-drawing of the screen.

Anyone else had this problem?

A

Anonymous

Same here - it's a losing battle to use the site from my iPad now, it's a flickery, jittery nightmare - just when you are reading something the screen randomly goes blank and parts refresh. I don't get this with any other sites I visit from my iPad.

Getting to the point that whathifi is rapidly being dropped from the list of daily visited sites (along with digital spy now they seem to force pop up ads at you every few seconds)

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
It appears to be a problem with one of the ads we're currently serving on the site, which is causing problems on iPads, so our tech team are on the case. Please bear with us while we get this fixed, and thanks for letting us know.

A

Anonymous

The irony being that it is an ad that is targeted to iPad users only...

TRENDING THREADS