Possibly a horrible realisation

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
As many know im in the process of looking at a new bluray player.

There may have been something I missed here and maybe somebody can correct me if I am wrong?

My LX83 has no option to allow V ideo or Audio bypass. Meaning that no matter how good the player is the AV will decode the Video and Audio signal it receives. Of course this is no problem when Bitstreaming sound from the bluray player, in fact I want to AV to convert that. However, what does one do when the AV has no feature to allow video bypass.

In this situation, it seems pointless to have a more expensive Bluray player with superior video decoding abilities and DVD upscaling?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
:cheers: I thought of that too, I was not entirely sure it worked that way :) Good to know it does! I can dream of the Oppo once more.

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi Duaplex,

have no fear about getting one of the Oppo's, they both have dual HDMI outputs that are designed specifically for sending video straight to the TV and audio to the AV.

Should point out that Oppo are not the only brand that can do this. But seeing as I am buying an Oppo this month thought I should mention this.

Which ever you buy good luck I am sure you will enjoy the results

Theo12

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts