admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
last night my amp/ c speaker gave a load pop and the amp went into protector mode, i think the centre speaker has blown as it still gives off sound at v low levels but when i turn the amp up it kicks into protector mode, and the sound was jus not right. today i swapped the centre speaker with one of the fronts to see if it was the speaker and it sounded fine, would a lown speaker be enough to kick the amp into protector mode or is this a sign f an underlying problem? sony str db 830qs bout 10 years old.

thanks for any replies

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
perrydave50:
last night my amp/ c speaker gave a load pop and the amp went into protector mode, i think the centre speaker has blown as it still gives off sound at v low levels but when i turn the amp up it kicks into protector mode, and the sound was jus not right. today i swapped the centre speaker with one of the fronts to see if it was the speaker and it sounded fine, would a lown speaker be enough to kick the amp into protector mode or is this a sign f an underlying problem? sony str db 830qs bout 10 years old.

thanks for any replies

What's a 'lown' speaker?

A

Anonymous

sorry
emotion-40.gif
"blown" sometimes i type a bit fast

any help would be appreciated from people who dont just point out peoples faults
emotion-4.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If the speaker has blown and has created a short circuit, then it will most certainly trigger the amp's protection circuitry.

Just be glad it has protection circuitry else you'd be looking at a new amp aswell!

scene

It does sound like something has blown in the speaker. (How old is the speaker?) At a guess, the most likely component is a capacitor in the crossover circuit, or maybe a short in a speaker coil itself. If the centre is biwirable, you could remove the crossover plates/wires, and bi-wire it from the amp. This could take the crossover circuit out of the equation and if the speaker worked, identify where the problem is....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts