PMC Twenty.21 vs B&W CM5 S2 with Naim UnitiLite

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Dommer

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Cno, I'll definately give it a go when I do get the stands. I have a pair of Granite cutting boards from Tesco that I've put under my R100s and it was an improvement, so will be using them again.

Dommer

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes the LS50s are staying. Even new, out of the box, they sounds superb. More detailed then the R100s and have more bass as well. Which for me is not ideal, as they stand on book cabinets and the bass becomes too boomy. Don't get me wrong the R100s are great speakers, but the LS50s do everything that little bit better.

Now to find a good home for the KEF R100s. Guess I'll be putting them on that free classified site (Tree-something) over Christmas.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
In the end i replaced my PMC Twenty.21 speakers with a pair of B&W CM5 S2 and i am very happy with the change. The result is imo a more musical sound that is also good at lower volume settings and a better, more powerful bass. The CM5 S2 is also a lot easier to drive.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
ErwinC said:
In the end i replaced my PMC Twenty.21 speakers with a pair of B&W CM5 S2 and i am very happy with the change. The result is imo a more musical sound that is also good at lower volume settings and a better, more powerful bass. The CM5 S2 is also a lot easier to drive.

I am glad you are happy with your new speakers.
I replaced my cm5 s1 with the pmc 21, 21s took around 20 hours before they began opening up and it took me about a week or so to get used to the sound. I don't know whether you have noticed my thread on pmc 21s.
Now I have no complaints about pmc's sound but to start with I was not very happy and even blamed myself for not demoing the cm5 s2. Cm5 and 21 sound completely different from each other.
As Vladimir says 'there is something seductive about bw's sound' I couldn't agree more.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
hybridauth_Facebook_664715932 said:
I don't know whether you have noticed my thread on pmc 21s.

I saw your thread and i experienced the same as you. I waited some time to reply because i wanted to be sure.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932 said:
As Vladimir says 'there is something seductive about bw's sound' I couldn't agree more.

Same here
wink_smile.gif

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
After using the Naim UnitiLite in combination with the B&W CM5 S2 for about 3 months now i am still very happy with the result. For my taste clearly better than the UnitiLite - PMC Twenty.21 combination.

The B&W speakers also improved significantly after a several weeks imo. *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts