PMC fact 8

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I receive the PMC fact 8 for a home demo (will have them till Monday if I do not keep them).

This are really a special speakers. I do not think I have heard something so revealing an with so much detail. The resolution is amazing. Probably not for everybodys taste as they are quite dry.

Soundstage is very big and imaging quite solid. The bass is fast and extended and with a very nice texture. I am quite impress so far with this PMC fact 8. definitely a step or 2 up in compression with my ATC 19. Waiting for a home demo with the ATC SCM 50 to make my final decision.

got a nice offer for the ATC SMc 50 active and a Chord pre amp giving my Diablo in payment. this deal wil be about USD 2.000 cheaper than the passive. not sure waht do do..........

kr

Eduardo

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Will you be comparing the fact 8 and the ATCs side by side? you really must do so. Ask this to your dealers, they shoud give you the chance, it is fair - as you are spending considrabel money. comparison from memory will leave you in doubt whic is not good at this level of spending.

Once you have them both, just relax and play lots of music for several days. the decision will come to you itself. do not listen to anybody.

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi Mac,

I aready heard the combo but not in my place and the sound is jsut amazing! the amp on the ATC %= active is realy good and the match wiht the Chord pre amp works great! the jump from the ATC 19 o 50 is in any IMHO a step up. I can came later to a Gryphon pre amp and keep the Gryphon/ATC combo. for now the saving of the USD 2.000 make sence to me, but I need to heard it at home first to make my final desison.

I will keep you updated.

Eduardo

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
will do!

yesterday night I had the most beautifhul expirience hearing music wiht a Kinf o Blue from Miles

Eduardo

How do the Fact 8's compare to the scm19's so far? I expect its a different listening experience being transmission line vs sealed box?

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
A last Minute Player. I recive a call form another dealer offering me the Isophon Vescova. It has some very possitive reviews.

someone have heard them?

Eduardo

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the same kind of deep reflexions in the past. I ended up liking the ATC SCM50 better for my personal taste, but I bought the Fact8. Because the differences are very tiny and the spirit behind the reproduction of both is mostly the same, and the price of the ATC is double the price of the fact8.

They are two very good speakers with a very precise and revealing character. A bit more decontraction in the way the ATC make the job, and the ATC could drive better on higher volumes. But, instead, for tinyier room and more intimistic volumes, I choose the PMC.

After that, it depends on the room you have and your own tastes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts