Please suggest me on these stereo combination

EliotB

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
My music taste is classical, instrumental, rock, soft rock. I like to get warmer, detailed and clear sound from my upcoming system. I am considering the following components:

Speaker:
Floor standing - JBL – STAGE (below is the specification):

Frequency Response (–3dB): 47Hz – 20kHz
Max. Recommended Amplifier Power*: 150W
Power Handling (Continuous/Peak): 80W/320W
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 90dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
Crossover Frequency: 600Hz, 3500Hz
Low-Frequency Transducer: 6" (170mm) PolyPlas,™ shielded
Midrange Transducer: 4" (100mm) PolyPlas,™ shielded
High-Frequency Transducer: 3/4" (19mm) Titanium laminate dome, shielded, EOS™ waveguide
Dimensions With Grille (H x W x D): 34-3/4" x 9" x 13-1/8"
Weight per Speaker: 31.2 lb/14.5kg

Integrated amp:
Option 1: NAD C326BEE
Option 2: Cambridge 640A (version 2)

CD player:
Option 1: NAD C515BEE
Option 2: Cambridge 540C (version 2)

Please tell me, which amp and CD player will fit more to my current speaker pairs. I only like to listen to stereo and play CDs. I will highly appreciate any advice, comment or suggestion. Thanks Eliot

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i can't offer much help, but the budget cambridge ranges are not known for a warm sound. when i had the 640 cdp and amp, i thought they were very detailed but also a bit bright. you might be better served by the nad pairing.

EliotB

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Is the NAD amp and Cambridge CD player combo good enough? I have read really good review of 540C. Besides it's a little more expensive thatn the 515BEE CD player. So, I just thought that Cambridge 540C might have a egde over NAD 515BEE. Any more thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks

T

the record spot

No experience with any of your kit, but NAD might be a little more to your taste than the CA gear, if only that it's probably not quite so bright sounding as the latter is reputed to be. Depends on what your JBL's are like though too. Your looking to achieve the best synergy with the three components, so you might be surprised at what makes for the ideal set-up.

SteveR750

Just over 3 years ago I bought the CA azur 640 amp and CDP, and whilst it was good, it didnt quite have the slam and sheer welly that my old NAD3130 did, and it jjust seemed, well weedy. The fact that the CDP kept skipping a track on one of my fave CD's despote cleaning the CD, trying a friends copy and changing the player 3 times didnt help. I decided to change them for the NAD C352 and 542 CDP and boy was it magnificent. Cost a wee bit more, but well worth it. Warm, lush, detailed, like a summery meadow in June it was all primary colours and great to listen to. There are not many people that dont like NAD gear, some prefer other brands, but they rarely polarise opinion, and in that respect its a *safe* bet. Hope that helps.

EliotB

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all for contributing to my thoughts. I am going to audition NAD from local dealer. May be I will be ended up buying. Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts