Please respond. Anybody elses PS3 not working after 3.21 update?

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Really need anybody to reply who has got a new 'big black doorstopper'.

My PS3 died 10 mins into MW2 after 3.21 firmware update, shut down and now will boot up 10-20 seconds and shut down. Looked at other forums and others have experienced the same thing. So i called Sony who say it is a component problem ( they didn't know which component) but were willing to exchange for a reconditioned machine at £130- er no!

I explained about others on Game forums reporting now dead PS3's following the firmware update, all of which seemed to be 'fat' 40, 60, 80GB consoles. The Sony Helpdesk told me that only 0.5% of consoles had been effected by the update. So quick Wikipedia- PS3 sales - as of 3rd of Jan 2009 in the UK were 3.3m units- So Sony thats minimum 165,000 poorly UK consoles !!!

Doesnt take Sherlock Holmes to see the concerns there does it! Lots of eco friendly recycling too!

Is that less than Totota's recalls?

Sony refuses to admit that there is a problem and blames the Hardware. Currently looking at buying a new console, but what if Sony upgrade again- Will it die too!

Please respond. Need all the replies i can get to follow this through. Although Sony has admitted a problem with the update they are denying that it is of major concern. Clearly there own figures show otherwise.

Kind Regards,

Cookie Monster

A

Anonymous

I have only watched one blu-ray 2012 and that was fine.

I have not played any games yet.

A

Anonymous

I have played mw2 on my ps3 fat after update,no problems.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Cookie Monster,

I can report my PS3 (slim) has been absolutely fine since the update with games (don't use the PS3 for movies). As has been mentioned already the sale of goods act is your best argument.

If you do a quick search on other forums you will find alot of problems reported by PS3 owners when updates have been released and the bad news is if you have a fat PS3 that update took features away from you (linux support). As for Sony i have some experience here and i would advise you to hold your ground, DON'T accept a replacement console as this will be a refurbished unit and use the sale of goods act as your complaint and that you expect the console to last the 10year life cycle Sony had set themselves before needing to replace your console.

That Sony support centre is a bit hit and miss i'm afraid so you may have to phone back a few times untill you get an agent ready to play ball....or if you get no joy with an agent ask to speak to the manager or supervisor (they have to let you if you ask) and put your point to them. I know several people who have had their console replaced free of charge when going this route so whatever you do hold your ground but above all DON'T swear or lose your temper (i know it's not easy at times lol) and be polite throughout or you will get nothing from them!

Best of luck to you...hope you get a result.

A

Anonymous

Both my launch day fatboys are unaffected. That doesn't help much I know. :(

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes i had problem after the update with call of duty of crashing . I restored my ps3 to its original settings and it fixed the problem.Before you restore you have to do a setting for psn market place so any downloadable content is saved, maybe its call of duty i dont know but it was strait after the update.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts