Please help : Onkyo TXSR607 or Sony SRTDN1000?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have bought a new TV and need to upgrade my old Panasonic home cinema system. Have been looking and now I am totally confused what to buy.I have decided that I need an AV receiver to have the inputs require for Sky+HD, blu ray player, etc.

I think the Sony SRTDN1000 is great but there are so many more features to the Onkyo that I am very tempted. I know nothing about this manufacturer, so its a difficult decision to make.

Its difficult in store to hear the difference in the sound quality but I hear that the Sony is difficult to set up.

Can anyone give me some advice please?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

What speaker package do you use? I use an Onkyo 605 and love it. An Onkyo traditionally provides a muscular an immersive sound with a large soundstage - some may find it a little bright on the higher frequencies but I like it very much.

The Onkyo 607 is a much better amplifier than mine and has quite a number of features going for it. You would also be wise to audition the Denon AVR-1910 and determine what suits you best in terms of sound and features.

I am not familiar with the Sony you mentioned am therefore unable to comment on it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that ValianTX. I've got to buy new speakers too. Going to go for the Jamo A102 HCS5 I think.

A

Anonymous

The JAMO A102 HCS5 speaker package will work just fine with the Onkyo 607. This was infact my first speaker package as well, so I'm very familiar with it.

For the price, it's a great system.

A

Anonymous

Thanks

Chose the Sony system with Tannoy speakers (Jamo speakers were out of stock).

A

Anonymous

Enjoy
emotion-19.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts