Please help me with what LCD/Plasma to buy

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum so please forgive my ignorance if this post is a repeat.

I've been searching to buy a new TV (LCD or Plasma) for almost a month. The more I search the more I get puzzled as there are so many options available.

My criteria is 40"-42" TV capable of displaying the best (or at least decent) Freeview pictures as Freeview is what we watch more than other kinds.

last week I bougth a Sony KDL-46W4000 from amazon (after doing a lot of researching and acting based on recommendations and reviews) only to decide to return it after one day as I was disappointed with its Freeview picture quality.

So to experts and gurus out there, please help me choose the best TV for Freeview picture whether it being LCD or Plasma.

Many thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

To the WHF team and the editors

Please please help me with this problem. I really need help decide what LCD/Plasma (but ideally LCD) to buy with the best possible SD and Freeview picture.

I really appreciate your help.

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

My preference is LCD because

a)Plasma ones use more power

b) they reflect light in daylight

Also I watch Freeview not HD so HD+ box from Sky won't be good to me.

A

Anonymous

sony 40w5500 , samsung 40b650 are both well within your budget , and are both very good with sd , freeview , if you get the sony make sure that you can return it in case there are any backlight problems , i would have said the panasonic 42g10 plasma was the best choice .... i pesonally wouldnt buy that philips tv , even for £800 , its last years model and id say the sd wouldnt be up to scratch ..

A

Anonymous

A must have in my opinion is also one of these....Sony RDR-HXD995

Not only does it record but upscales Freeview to HD giving a far better sound and picture. I do like the Samsung TV's, they are very good value, nice design and give an excellent picture.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts