Playing my Laptop Through the AC Reciever

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I don't have Sky/Virgin at the moment but I am able to access my parents' SkyGo login so I can catch up with stuff online, mainly football. The laptop I have is ancient (Acer Aspire 5100), but does the job.

I want to run the laptop through my DENON 1909 avr via VGA to Component Video Cable. However, I know a 3 point Component (red/blue/green) cable doesn't carry sound. So I'm a little confused :quest:

If I'm right in thinking that I then need a 5 pin component cable (red/blue/green/white/red) with the extra audio carrying capacity?

Using the link below, where do you propose I plug the extra white and red? Is it the corresponding connections to Red/Blue/Green shown in the picture?? Let us say DVD for example?

http://images.productwiki.com/upload/images/denon_avr_1909_rear_panel_high_res.jpg

Secondly, does VGA automatically carry sound? Or, is this dependant on the laptop?

Failing this, would I then be able to take a jack form the Headphone Socket on the laptop to the audio connections on the front of the Denon??

A few questions there to think about,

Very greatful if you can shed light on any.

thanks

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
you have three RGB input options (DVD, HDP and TV/CBL)

for your phono (white/red) you have 6 "in" options. One is labelled DVD, one is HDP and one is TV/CBL... I'd match 'em up and see what happens!

A

Anonymous

cheers, just waiting for the cable and I'll give it a whirl.

TRENDING THREADS