Strange Sound on my 5.1 Focal Dome sound system, please help !

thesounder

Dec 27, 2021
Visit site
Hello there

I am having trouble with my sound playing DVDs and Bluerays and recently even on my CD

My HIFI setup is:

Player: DENON Network DBP 1611UD
Amp: Marantz NR1602 amplifier / receiver
Speakers: Focal Dome 5.1 red

The sound is amazing, everything works perfect apart from when I play a movie and I stop the movie it makes a very strong loud noise: "PAC" like someone it cutting the wire or a short circuit of sort, it's really loud depending on the volume

I tried to fix this many times but no avail :-( it's really annoying

My player DENON is connected to the Marantz amplifier by 2 media sound cables (red and white) like in the images attached - "audio out" -> "analog audio in"

The Focal SW is connected to the SW to the "pre out" connection to the Marantz with a really good cable - see image

Can you help please?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3329.JPG
    IMG_3329.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3333.JPG
    IMG_3333.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3328.JPG
    IMG_3328.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 7

Tinman1952

Sounds like a problem/fault with the player.... generating this 'PAC' when it loses 'lock' on the digital signal.... I know AKM DACs can do this because of their architecture but Burr Brown are normally fine.

thesounder

Dec 27, 2021
Visit site
Sounds like a problem/fault with the player.... generating this 'PAC' when it loses 'lock' on the digital signal.... I know AKM DACs can do this because of their architecture but Burr Brown are normally fine.
ok, and what's the solution?

I don't know what AKM DAC Burr Brown are :( sorry I am a newbie

Tinman1952

ok, and what's the solution?
I don't know what AKM DAC Burr Brown are :( sorry I am a newbie
You could beg, borrow or steal another bluray player just to test it. If that is ok then you know it is the player not the amp.
The DAC inside the player is what turns the digital data on your CD or bluray into the analogue music that you hear.

To try a digital connection you would need to connect the coaxial digital output of your player to the coaxial digital input of your amplifier. Both have RCA connections.

thesounder

Dec 27, 2021
Visit site
You could beg, borrow or steal another bluray player just to test it. If that is ok then you know it is the player not the amp.
The DAC inside the player is what turns the digital data on your CD or bluray into the analogue music that you hear.

To try a digital connection you would need to connect the coaxial digital output of your player to the coaxial digital input of your amplifier. Both have RCA connections.

ok, that work, now it's perfect, no "PAC" sound

I noticed the coaxial "in" and "out" didn't know what "coaxial" means, I thought it was a tv cable :)

Then I remember my SW cable, I had a spare one, and it did the job! And it looks like it doesn't affect the quality of the sound at all!

Thank you so much! I really much appreciate the help!

Tinman1952

ok, that work, now it's perfect, no "PAC" sound

I noticed the coaxial "in" and "out" didn't know what "coaxial" means, I thought it was a tv cable :)

Then I remember my SW cable, I had a spare one, and it did the job! And it looks like it doesn't affect the quality of the sound at all!

Thank you so much! I really much appreciate the help!
Glad you got it sorted...👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts