Playing 24bit/192kHz problems

John Duncan

I suspect it means it can handle the multichannel uncompressed audio from a bluray (which can feasibly go up to 24/192). The technology page on that link and the user manual suggest the limit for FLAC is 24/96.

Laurens_B

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Alright, I see what you mean. Seems pretty odd though, a friends Denon X2000 does play it from USB, while the X2000 is much cheaper. Still, I don't think the difference between 96/192 is audible anyway.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Laurens_B said:
Alright, I see what you mean. Seems pretty odd though, a friends Denon X2000 does play it from USB,

That's a little bit like saying your fiesta won't go off-road whilst your friend's land rover will. Granted it's not much like that but it is a little...

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I suspect it means it can handle the multichannel uncompressed audio from a bluray (which can feasibly go up to 24/192). The technology page on that link and the user manual suggest the limit for FLAC is 24/96.

Certainly for the RX -A1020 the limit for flac is 24/96 using a memory stick in the USB port on the front panel.

just plug the stick in, and select USB as the source.

John Duncan

Laurens_B said:
I don't agree. They are both AV receivers...

Yes, but I agree I some extent that manufacturers use different chips/implementations and therefore vary in specs. My StreamMagic for example (which is specifically designed for music replay) has varying rate limits depending on input - 24/96 through USB and 24/192 over ethernet OTTOMH.

I agree that a 24/192 file downsampled to 96 will sound the same though :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts