Good AV reciever or Stereo amplifier for 2.1 for PC?

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Been looking to get a pair of Q acoustics 3020 for my PC, so I will be having them on my desk.

And Is looking for a amplifier for that. But I am so lost.
It needs to have a SUB port and spdif or direct USB->PC connection at least.
I been looking at Yamaha A-S301 : http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/amps/a-s301/
Yamaha R-N500: http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/stereo-receivers/r-n500_g/?mode=model

And some others.

I am so confused though, I do play flac etc from my computer, do I need an amplifier/reciever that can decode that? I found no stereo amplifiers that do this, only home cinema recievers mostly. But people told me getting a home cinema reciever for the same money as stereo amplifier will not give me close to the same sound.

I don't need extra feautures like wifi, spotify etc since I play all from PC. But I want my flac etc to sound as good as It can (and not sure if it must have a support for the format or not on the reciever/amp)

Any other tips for a stereo amplifier with sub+spdif or a good stereo/cinema reciever for 2.1 mainly.

Best regards

Jimmie

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Most people would agree that a "proper stereo" amp is better for music, Pound for Pound, than an AV receiver.
Off the top of my head is look at the Onkyo 9050, which has coaxial and fibre optic inputs and a built in DAC, 75 wpc..

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Most people would agree that a "proper stereo" amp is better for music, Pound for Pound, than an AV receiver. Off the top of my head is look at the Onkyo 9050, which has coaxial and fibre optic inputs and a built in DAC, 75 wpc..

If you compare a USB Dac to a Av reciever for around the same money then?
Like NAD 3020, Teac AI-101DA vs AV reciever around the same money for 2.1.

The stereo amp with dac otherwise I been looking at is just Yamaha A-S301 since it's priced ok and have spdif, sub.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts