Placement of Sony HT-IS100 speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I hope someone can guide me in the right direction. I have the SONY HT-IS100 system alongwith the SONY BDP-S350 Blu Ray player and SONY KDL 46Z4500 TV. The HT-IS100 speakers are of golf ball size. I want to place the speakers on the wall with the centre speaker on the cabinet but where exactly should I place them.

One person says that I should place them near the ceiling along the corner whilst another says that the left and right speakers should be parallel to the TV and the rear speakers about midway on the wall.

Please can someone help as I am confused.

Dipendra

A

Anonymous

As close to ear level as possible would be best. How are you finding this system Dipendra?

A

Anonymous

I have not even placed the speakers in their position yet but having tested it, it seems fine.I suppose then that the speakers should not be placed near the ceiling but only halfway on the wall that would be at ear level.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Can someone please advise me where exactly I should place my SONY-HTIS100 speakers as they are golf ball sized. My 46 inch TV is on a swing arm mount and is in the center on the wall. My front left and front rignt are on the wall just on the side of the top corner of the screen. The center is underneath the TV resting on a cabinet and the two rears at the back near the listening position.

The amp is next to the cabinet.

I want to ensure that I am getting the best surround sound possible.

Regards

Dipendra

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Experimentation is the key with this sort of question. However, I would recommend trying the front left and right speakers a little bit further away from the TV (say 1 - 2 feet) to increase the separation of the effects at the front. However, having tried this, if you prefer the sound as it is now, then where they are now is the best place for them to be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts