Pionreer SC=LX81 V Pionner SC-LX85 OR 86 or Arcam? Help guys

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hi

He said he would just give it to me. He said the best thing about it is the room set up. I think I will be ok setting it up but if I was to buy it I would ask him too come out and set it up. The limited features on it don't really matter that much. I have one room in which I use the system and I only need to use 3 hdmi inputs. However in future I could use a hdmi splitter. However u need a pc not a mac to set up the amp up for the room.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
KiwiMoto said:
Ellisdj please point me in the direction of your previous posts about Pioneer Setup? I've left my speakers set at Large,and crossover at 100..am I doing it wrong? Sorry don't mean to hijack the OP!

Hello mate

Yes that is the wrong thing to do and contradictory as well.

Why did you chose 100 htz as crossover ??

Here is the link to the thread http://www.whathifi.com/forum/av-receivers/pioneer-vsx-lx55-sounds-a-bit-naff

Read it all before attempting - if you follow my instructions correctly it will transform your system and show you what the amp is truly made of!!

I will be posting further instructions to Get even more out of the amp - but it will be far more advanced, this guide is easy to follow.

Read what the last guy thought who took my advice ;)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
QUICK SUPER TIP

for a pair of interconnects that go with Pioneer digital amps - you want to hear Chord Cadenza with Vee Plugs - hear your system be transformed again! Amazing interconnect, especially for the money !!

A

Anonymous

Hi breffni,

if you went for the newer pioneer and have the old one for sale let me know please

kubi.online at wp.pl

Sorry if I broke house rules but can't find private message link

Jacob

A

Anonymous

breffni said:
Hi all

As some of you may know i recently managed to get my old amp back from my old apartment. I was wondering would the older sc-lx81 be far away in terms of sound and picture quality than its newer brother the 85 or 86 (when it comes out). I am thinking of selling the older one and my Onkyo so that I can get the latest one.

I have the Monitor Audio Silver rx6 speaker set. I am looking for advice on whether it worth buying the new amp. Also what are the best attribites of the Pioneer range v the Onlyo range. I maainly use it for SKY sports etc. Picture quality is also important to me.

I don't really truat the guy in the shop closest to me. He is always trying to sell the Arcam range. Does the technology really move that quickly that an amp that was in in 2009 not sound nearly as good as ther latesst one. Everyone's advice is welcome

Interesting Thread.

Do you have the RX12 Sub?

I ask because b/4 when I bought my Set I didn't have the sub straight away and just used the two fronts, which was fine, but when the sub arrived it made a world of difference to my ears.

I have the LX82 plus MA RX12 surround

TRENDING THREADS