Pioneer VSX-1020-K with Q Acoustics Cinema Pack

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, Can I pair my Q Acoustics Cinema pack speakers with the new Pioneer VSX-1020-K amplifier and achieve a very good output? Someone mentioned that this amp does not have much power to support speakers with low nominal impedance/ohms.

Thanks.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes, the 1020 will be fine for the Q Acoustics package
emotion-1.gif

6ohms isn't much of an isse for amplifiers, it's 4ohms that becomes problematic.

A

Anonymous

Thank you. The minimum impedance of the 2010 and 2020 speakers is actually 4 ohms and the nominal impedance is 6 ohms. Is this going to be a problem?

What other latest amplifier would suit best the the Q-Acoustics cinema package? It should be below 800 pounds and has USB for ipod connectivity. Cheers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
You shouldn't run into any problems - it's lower bass that dips in impedance, so setting the speakers to small would remove most of this problem. There are others out there using them with less capable amplifiers!!

A

Anonymous

Cheers.

Can I ask for suggestions from other members of the forum?

The amp should be below 800 pounds, has USB for ipod connectivity and one of the latest models. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Karljohn:

Hi guys, Can I pair my Q Acoustics Cinema pack speakers with the new Pioneer VSX-1020-K amplifier and achieve a very good output? Someone mentioned that this amp does not have much power to support speakers with low nominal impedance/ohms.

Thanks.

Any opinion from the other experts regarding my query above will be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Nick. How about if I pair the Q-Acoustics with NAD's T 747?

I'm getting confused....

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Karljohn, it does look that way! You have just about been through all the amps. really you will be fine with the QA and the Pioneer 920. If you have money left over buy bigger speakers (2020). If you have a smaller/average room consider a better sub or upgrading the front three speakers.

The differences between the amps are there but really today they are all good , you are maybe comparing 8/10 to 10/10. If you really are uncertain then speak to your local dealer and get their advice and a demo if possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts