Pioneer stuck pixel , is this normal?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I brought a 42" Pioneer Plasma as it has such good reviews , but i notice there is a stuck pixel and its really bugging me. Are stuck pixels normal , should you expect one or 2 ? Retailer told me its normal and fine. I think if i had know to expect one i wouldnt of paid £1200 for it....as im really fussy and it is bugging me :/ Never had one on my LCD monitor or LCD TV, is it more common in plasma or just bad luck?

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
No its bad luck and Pioneer won't replace it as in most cases they don't regard it as a fault. Mine was fluorscent green!!!

They stick strictly to the ISO tolerances from my experience which I personally think is very poor customer service from a premium brand.

I still have to put my photos up warning about this with Pioneer, been so busy with other things, not got around to it as it needs to be carefully worded to be accurate.

Worth trying them though and going back to your dealer but you could be out of luck. In the end of I was lucky with mine as my excellent dealer replaced it off their own back as a goodwill gesture after Pioneer refused.

A

Anonymous

mine is solid black i can see it on light coloured backgrounds and i just looked up on google and it seems its a dead pixel and not stuck? i guess this is even worse

Retailer informed me that only if its as big as a coin can i get it replaced, i didnt even know a pixel was as big as a coin :/

but i can still see it from where i watch tv from , so i will try to resolve it with retailer

If they dont i will take other action as i really dont think paying this sort of price should i have to expect a dead pixel on a brand new tv , its classed as a fault in my view.

A

Anonymous

Here's what's in the LX428 manual:

Information of pixel defect
Plasma television displays information using pixels. Pioneer plasma television panels contain a very large number of pixels. (Depending on the panel size: over 3.1 million cells for a 50 inch/60
inch display). All Pioneer display panels are manufactured using a very high level of ultra-precision technology and undergo individual quality control. In rare cases, some pixels can be permanently switched off, or on,
resulting in either a black or coloured pixel permanently fixed on the screen. This effect is common to all plasma televisions because it is a consequence of the technology. If the defective pixels are visible at a normal viewing distance of between 2.5 metres and 3.5 metres whilst viewing a normal broadcast (i.e. not a test card, still image or single colour display) please contact the supplying dealer. If, however, they can only be seen close up or during single colour displays then this is considered normal for this technology.

TRENDING THREADS