Pioneer SC-LX73 no output through HDMI

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys how is everyone?

It's been a while. Happy new year and all that? Did anyone go to the Bristol Show at the weekend?

Right. My lovely AVR (see subject header) has stopped outputting anything through HDMI. All other functions appear to work. Also it takes an age to turn off and earlier I had to pull the power out (not good I know) as it wouldn't go off at all.

Other symptons are. "Advanced MCACC" indicator light is always on and I don't recall it being lit before. I did find the HDMI going from the AVR to my TV is a bit mangled at the TV end so this is clearly part of the reason and it seem to have sent the amp into a strop.

Any ideas

GP

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Glacialpath said:
Hi guys how is everyone?

It's been a while. Happy new year and all that? Did anyone go to the Bristol Show at the weekend?

Right. My lovely AVR (see subject header) has stopped outputting anything through HDMI. All other functions appear to work. Also it takes an age to turn off and earlier I had to pull the power out (not good I know) as it wouldn't go off at all.

Other symptons are. "Advanced MCACC" indicator light is always on and I don't recall it being lit before. I did find the HDMI going from the AVR to my TV is a bit mangled at the TV end so this is clearly part of the reason and it seem to have sent the amp into a strop.

Any ideas

GP

welcome back.

i had the same on my lx70 a few years back and it required a new hdmi board and a new main mother board for the mcacc issue. Too expensive, so I purchased a new receiver..

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Yeah, I'm starting to come to that conclusion. Guess I'll have to use it old skool which means no HD audio till I can afford a replacement.

abacus

Remove mains lead for 30s, then plug back in to see if this solves the problem, if not perform a factory re-set, (The instructions are in the manual) if you still have problems then it looks like it will need to go in for repair. (I presume you are running the latest firmware on it, if not update it)

Hope this helps

Bill

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Ah yes. I clearly wasn't thinking straight. I shall try a factory reset and also plug it in to the internet and see if there is an upgrade. You know I've never checked. Mostly because I had poor internet and the router was too far away.

Thanks for the reply abacus. I'll let you know how I get on.

GP

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
For the moment the amp is working correctly again. I haven't had a chance to check the firmware due to Router placement against where my AVR is.

I've not had time to do a factory reset. Now the possible offending HDMI cable has been removed and the AVR has regained it's composure I'm hoping the problem won't happen again. It still might so when I get back from holiday. I'll check it all out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts