Pioneer SC-LX71 & SC-LX81

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

Saw the review on the SC-LX81, and that was it! It was now the top prezzie on my christmas list!
emotion-2.gif
I then read the spec's on the SC-LX71, and now i'm confused.Am i reading them wrong, or are the only differences slightly more power and one extra HDMI out?

If so, as i don't need 2 HDMI outs, then i should save £400 and buy the LX71? Shouldn't I?

Any thoughts?

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nintendo_Fan,

At the moment, i am using my old DAVs800, connected to a Pioneer PDP436 plasma. I thought that if i went for the LX-71 then the savings would just about pay for the speakers. Maybe Q Acoustics Q-AV or something similar depending on funds. I wouldn't upgrade to a BlueRay player as i use PS3.

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Any news from the WHF team of a review on the SC-LX71? Does anyone know if it is available yet? i see Futurehome are selling this for £1099. Anyone seen it cheaper?

Thanx

A

Anonymous

gsyx123:
Hi Nintendo_Fan,

At the moment, i am using my old DAVs800, connected to a Pioneer PDP436 plasma. I thought that if i went for the LX-71 then the savings would just about pay for the speakers. Maybe Q Acoustics Q-AV or something similar depending on funds. I wouldn't upgrade to a BlueRay player as i use PS3.

Wait a second, Q-AV speakers are FAR too small and cheap to show how the Pioneer amps you mentioned are. You're better off spending your money on either bigger, more expensive speakers or are far cheaper amp.ÿ

A

Anonymous

gsyx123:
Hi Nintendo_Fan,

Wait a second, Q-AV speakers are FAR too small and cheap to show how the Pioneer amps you mentioned are. You're better off spending your money on either bigger, more expensive speakers or are far cheaper amp.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Yes, I'm interested to know how the LX71 compares to the LX81 as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference based on the specifications.

A

Anonymous

Hello :eek:)

I too would be interested to know what the differences are between these two models. ;o)

A

Anonymous

gsyx123:
Hi all,

Saw the review on the SC-LX81, and that was it! It was now the top prezzie on my christmas list!
emotion-2.gif
I then read the spec's on the SC-LX71, and now i'm confused.Am i reading them wrong, or are the only differences slightly more power and one extra HDMI out?

If so, as i don't need 2 HDMI outs, then i should save £400 and buy the LX71? Shouldn't I?

Any thoughts?

I've had my eye on the SC-LX71 for some weeks now after the review of the SC-LX81.
Personally I think the SC-LX71 will be very good indeed and have started saving for it, but before I hand over the cash I would like to compare others in the price range, £1200.

Have not been able to get an audition with either the 71 or 81.

Early days?

A

Anonymous

There is going to be a Group Test for that price range in the January issue out 11th December. I'm hoping that the WHF Team can include the Pioneer 71 in the Group Test also.

A

Anonymous

I too am seriously considering buying a Pioneer SC-LX71 to go with our Pioneer PDP-LX5090 and will be very interested in the forthcoming group test. Although I realise that there might only be a month to wait before finding out, does anybody know how this compares to the Panasonic DMP-BD55 which despite being somewhat cheaper has been getting great reviews?

A

Anonymous

Marbella:I too am seriously considering buying a Pioneer SC-LX71 to go with our Pioneer PDP-LX5090 and will be very interested in the forthcoming group test. Although I realise that there might only be a month to wait before finding out, does anybody know how this compares to the Panasonic DMP-BD55 which despite being somewhat cheaper has been getting great reviews?

We're discussing the Av Receiver here and not the blu ray player. The Pioneer LX71 is considered to be an excellent blu ray player except that it lacks the "live" capability.

TRENDING THREADS