Pioneer PDP 428 XD settings.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK guys be patient I'm a newbie at this!

In the menu there are several 'advanced user ' options... how do you unlock these. I've scanned the manual several times but can't find it.

This is what I was advised for this TV with Sky HD, does this look about right ?

AV SELECTION ***MOVIE***

CONTRAST 30
BRIGHTNESS 0
COLOUR -2
TINT +2 Towards Green
SHARPNESS -15

PRO ADJUST > PURE CINEMA
FILM MODE OFF (BLUE RAY/HD DVD Smooth or Advanced)
TEXT OPTIMISATION OFF

INTELIGENT MODE OFF

PICTURE DETAIL
DRE OFF (Low if you prefer)
BLACK LEVEL OFF
ACL OFF
ENHANCER MODE 2 (1 if you prefer)
GAMMA 2

COLOUR DETAIL MANUAL (HOLD ENTER FOR 3 SECS)
COLOUR TEMP
R High -2
G High 0
B High +2
R Low -1
G Low 0
B Low -1

CTI OFF
COLOUR MANAGEMENT
R 0
Y 0
G 0
c 0
B 0
M -7

COLOUR SPACE 1

A

Anonymous

If by locked you mean 'greyed out' then you will need to provide a signal to the input you are trying to set up. Choose input 1,3 or 4 (2 handles the onboard digital tuner) for your hdmi link to your Sky HD box. Once you provide a feed, the Pioneer will recognise this and you should then be able to access the advanced options on your home menu.

The settings you propose are well recognised and work particularly well for HD and upscaled movies from a player. Use a different input and setting for that source. For 'normal' broadcasts you could try;

av selection; standard

contrast; 28

brightness; +3

colour; -3

tint; -5

sharpness; 0

The Digital Video Essentials (DVE)dvd or THX Optimizer 2.0 disc may well assist you further. Just be warned. The Pioneer is a brilliant performer but neither you nor it will be able to compensate for poor broadcast signals from some of the cable/satellite chanels.

Enjoy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts