Pioneer LX-50 DVD picture - Advice please!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have a Pioneer L-50 DVD hooked up to my Sony 40W4000 LCD TV, I have had the player for roughly 18 months but have to admit that I haven't used it that much as I have been playing DVD's through My Pioneer Blu Ray player. Anyway, in the last couple of weeks I have set it up again as the picture is superb through the upscaler, the problem is, when the picture is on a dark scene there is constant flickering, it goes light, dark, light, dark etc...! Now I was using quite an old Merlin power cable with the player so I thought this might be the problem...it wasn't, I then changed HDMI cables, same problem.

Has this happened to anybody else? Any advice would be welcome as I wish to keep this fantastic DVD player!!

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
chudleighpaul:

Can't help with the problem, but this proves that cables make no difference.

If you think that 'proves' something then it goes a long way to tell me just how intelligent cable 'sceptics' are
emotion-1.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
marsonNUFC:

Hi, I have a Pioneer L-50 DVD hooked up to my Sony 40W4000 LCD TV, I have had the player for roughly 18 months but have to admit that I haven't used it that much as I have been playing DVD's through My Pioneer Blu Ray player. Anyway, in the last couple of weeks I have set it up again as the picture is superb through the upscaler, the problem is, when the picture is on a dark scene there is constant flickering, it goes light, dark, light, dark etc...! Now I was using quite an old Merlin power cable with the player so I thought this might be the problem...it wasn't, I then changed HDMI cables, same problem.

Has this happened to anybody else? Any advice would be welcome as I wish to keep this fantastic DVD player!!

Sounds to me like its your 'ECO' settings on the tv. Switch them off (Assuming theyre on)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts