Pioneer BDP-51FD Blu Ray Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Im Thinking of purchasing a pioneer blu ray player model bdp-51fd from a friend who has upgraded recently. My Question is how does this compare to the Sony bdp-s350

i have read some reviews and the only negative thing i keep hearing is slow loading time.

How slow is it really more than 2 minutes or less as i can live with that.

Also will most of my blu ray dvds work as it states profile 1.1

I have the following blu rays

Terminator salvation
star trek (the new one)
iron man
die hard 4
spider man trilogy

these are some of the ones i have
i have 56 but will take too long to list all of them.

Anyone have this player if so what do you like about it, and what dont you like about it.

Look forward to your replies

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

hi,i had this player and sorry i had to sell it.loading times arent that bad only certain ones take a bit longer to load.picture and sound is awesome,and a lot better than the sony.i have had the sony s350 its a good player but the pioneer trumps it in every department except loading times.updates are available from pioneers website you just download them onto a dvd blank disc.just follow instructions.i have now bought a pioneer bdp-320 for£190 and waiting eagerly for delivery.i also used a tacima929 mains adapter filter and a copperline mains lead.i would highly recommend the pioneer 51fd.

A

Anonymous

Thanks really appreciate your sound advise

Did you have problems with the profile 1.1 when it came to watching blu rays dvd
did all your blu ray dvd work or did you have some which did not play.

i was thinking about the Bdp-320 you got that one for a good price the cheapest one i saw was £240 did you purchase it from a shop or online.

thanks

A

Anonymous

hi just found it for £199.99 i might go for this one now

A

Anonymous

hi, on ebay for £190 including free postage not on ebay at mo but off my head it was spatial something they had 5 left its a hifi shop.

A

Anonymous

i will get you their full name,but that is enough info to find them i would hurry up though limited stocks.if needed i will go into ebay to get you full name if you cant find it.

A

Anonymous

i found it now but at http://www.exceptional-av.co.uk its £198 inc vat + free delivery

A

Anonymous

Hi Thanks seen it but i rather not buy from ebay i have seen it at seven oaks hifi and richersounds who will price match at the same price so may just go there just in case if the unit becomes faulty within 12months a lot easier just to take it back to the shop rather than post back.

I just cant make my mind up my friend has offered to give me the Pioneer BDP 51FD player for £150 and its in mint condition

will i need bd live will i use it is it worth the extra for it as i havent ever used it on my sony and been happy with out using it so far.

My biggest question is will my blu ray dvds work with the BDP 51FD player as all but terminator 2 skynet version i have didnt work till i updated my sony which was profile 1.1 but out of all the 56 blu rays i have 1 not working was not bad all at all as i have a ps3 which i can use if the blu ray disc does not play as it fully updated.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi i have the pioneer bdp-lx71 and some people say it is the same as the 51fd and i have never had a problem in nearly 2 years now with blu rays what so ever and i only done one firmware update in that time.

Picture and sound are excellent.

Pioneer also do regular firmware updates in case of problems.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Mate

I have made my mind up will go for the BDP 51FD

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS