Pioneer BDP-51

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, having had no luck in getting True HD from Loewe Blutech Vision I decided to exchange for the Pioneer BDP-51 as suggested by WhatHiFi.

In setting up, please could someone clarfy whether the HDMI High Speed Transmission should be on or off? I am using a QED PerformanceHDMI V1.3 Full HD 1080P cable between player and amp.

Also when on True HD I do not seem to get sound from the extra speakers at rear unless I switch to Dolby EX although True HD appears in red on Onkyo. Is this correct?

Loewe Individual Selection 32 TV, Onkyo 606 Amp, Sky HD and KEF2005.3 Surround Sound with QED cables.

Thanks..

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
stephen m:Also when on True HD I do not seem to get sound from the extra speakers at rear unless I switch to Dolby EX although True HD appears in red on Onkyo. Is this correct?

Not sure on the High Speed Transmission (must be a Pioneer setting), but I'm guessing the extra speakers at the rear means you have a 7.1 setup? If that's so, most soundtracks are only 5.1 (including Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio) so you would have to use the special EX modes of Dolby to simulate 7.1 soundtracks in that case. Easiest way to tell is look at the back of the box of the movie you are watching - it will tell you there how many native channels there are.

A

Anonymous

Most irritating but sadly most of the time, true. Movies are not being sold with 7.1 soundtracks very often. Why? What's the point of the new format without it? And why don't amps have more easy to access modes to let you simulate 7.1 from a 5.1 source?

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
stephen m:

In setting up, please could someone clarfy whether the HDMI High Speed Transmission should be on or off? I am using a QED PerformanceHDMI V1.3 Full HD 1080P cable between player and amp.

I would suggest setting it to on.

The explanation in the manual is:

This player outputs 1080/50p, 1080/60p and Deep Color video
signals. If your TV supports 1080/50p, 1080/60p or Deep Color
signals, use a High Speed HDMIT cable in order to take advantage
of the maximum performance the player and TV can offer. Also set
HDMI High-Speed Transmission to On (page 42).
High Speed HDMIT cables are tested to carry signals up to 1080p.
1080/50i, 1080/50p, 720/50p, 1080/24p, 1080/60i, 1080/60p and 720/
60p video signals that are capable of Deep Color can also be carried.

emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts