pioneer BDP-LX70

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Please can anyone advise me on the following player.

pioneer BDP-LX70

I wanted to know if its any good as i have seen a retailer selling a mint condition one ex display for £199

Does this player send hd audio over hdmi i have a onkyo tx-sr 605 receiver will the receiver able to decode DTS HD MASTER AUDIO AND TRUE HD (will it show this on my receiver.

I have a sony BDP S350 at the moment and this one does.

Will most of my blu ray dvds play i realise its an old machine but for this price seems a bargain.

or either the Pioneer BDP LX08 will this decode the hd formats on my receiver

Would really appreciate your advise.

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi

I was until very recently in the market for a Blu Ray player, and as I have a Pioneer amp I was interested in the various pioneer oferings. My local dealer had the BDP LX70 at a very competitive price too, not quite a cheap as that.

I didn't go for it. It is Profile 1 (not even 1.1, let alone profile2). Its HDMI 1.2 not 1.3 And according to some reviews it doesn't bitstream HD formats for decoding in the Amp.. It does however have 7Chout if your amp takes that.

Think of the LX 70 as a well built classic car. You'd lose a lot of features over the 350. But you'll get a product that was much higher end in its day.

The LX08 is significantly more modern device, which would do just-about everything the 350 does. It wouldn't decode the DTSHDMaster, but will bitstream out for decoding in the amp

A

Anonymous

thanks for your advise will leave the LX70 then its at richer sounds in prestwich where i rang today
They also had the BDP51FD model but its faulty as this is the one i was going to go for as mentioned on there website but this is in the process of being sent back to pioneer.

In the time i wrote this original question i have also found that seven oaks do the LX52 for £399 and the BDP320 for £199 but can not see myself paying double the price for the LX52 does it really justify paying twice the price of the BDP320??????

Can anyone advise if its worth the additional £200

Is it worth the investment or not.

A

Anonymous

My view no its not.

And just to complicate your life the Pioneer BDP 120 is available for half the price of the 320, and in the absence of owning a PQLS-enabled Pioneer amp, and a deep-colour-enabled telly I don't think it is justifable to go to the 320 let alone the LX520.

Do be aware the 120 is a rebadged Sharp. The 320 gets negative marks for load-time.

I'm probably of the view that with a decent amp and decent telly all the player has to do is read the 1s and zeros off the disc and send them out to your high end equipment. But you seem to want to move away from the 350.

If you want to spend money on a Blu ray player upgrade, and want to spend 400stg have you considered the Philips BDP 9500.

A

Anonymous

If i had £400 i would go for the LX52 but i dont so i am going with the BDP320 its very reasonably priced looks like its the best player for the price as i have not seen anything for £199 thats beats the pioneer.

I will give richer sounds a call tomorrow lets hope they price match as i have heard they do.

Thanks again for your advise

All the best

A

Anonymous

200 stg

The 320 would be on my short list, as would

Philips 7500

LG 390

Do be aware some of the price increment of the Pio 320 is for the PQLS system which will only work with a PQLS-enabled Pio Amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts