Pioneer A400 Refurb

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi sizzers

Their correct location is in Nottingham :D 01159 563434

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Ooops! It was yourself who recommended them to me and I was mixing the two places up with you being in Derby.

Should have read their email properly before posting but was in a hurry! *duh*

A

Anonymous

1Analouge said:
Hi ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit

I have an A 400 and had cover off to DeOxit the volume control. I noticed the 2 big black ? capacitors at the back had a white foam / glue at the bottom. I wondered if this was a fault and if they were leaking some insulation. BUT amp works fine?

I got on web to search and joined this site today because I saw your photo of an open A400 with what appears to be the same stuff around the capacitors in your top photo.

Can you tell me if they are leaking or are some sort of assembly glue?

Absolute beginner, Brett. Thanks.

Hi Brett,

Yes the white compound around the base of the PSU capacitors is a glue/foam used to dampen/isolate the caps from the PCB. It is perfectly normal, if a little unsightly, and nothing to worry about. WHen replacing them i simply used some blue tack to acheive the same results!

Chris

A

Anonymous

jhnpennington said:
Hi,

I have just bought a Pioneer A400, and noticed that you are in the West Midlands.

I would be interested in geting it serviced/modded - what sort of services do you offer, and what's the damage to the old wallet?

Cheers,

John.

Hi John,

Was your question directed at me? If so, let me know and I will give you my email and we can discuss things outside of a public forum...

Chris

TRENDING THREADS