Pink Floyd Reissues

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I've got an original Wish you were here album and although the latest re-issue sleeves and posters are excellent, the sound quality - even through the crackles and surface noise- on the old record is certainly more immediate, dynamic and is cut at a higher level. I suppose it all depends on the cutting engineer and source of master material. It's a shame you cannot try before you buy.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
That's where Spotify comes in handy, but it relies on the album you want being on it. And Floyd aren't. If they had been, I doubt I'd have bought the 2011 DSotM remaster. Conversely, I heard the Graceland 25th remaster on Spotify, thought 'Wow!' and immediately bought the CD.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Bit behind the times here . . . however, read the good, the bad and the frustrated coments in respect of dsom. Its 10 o'clock in the morning and we are waiting for the district nurse to come . . . drag out dsom, have a listen, I have the 'Original Master Recording' in vinyl and gold CD. Tried the last two tracks on both, as this is where the problems seem to be? . . . neither of my versions exhibited any hint of destortion, the CD is clearly inferior to the vinyl, but thats not a destortion issue. I have not played 'Dark side' for a while, so, after this post I will indulge in some well recorded vinyl nostalgia . . .

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS