PICTURE FLICKERING ON PLASMA

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello Andrew,

This is something i have never had with my Panasonic plasma and as far as i am aware it's not an issue with plasma tech. It could be an issue with settings such as having some porocesssing going on in the background which may be causing the issue, are you using the motion processing on the tv for example? Also any MPEG or picture noise settings can cause these sort of issues so go into your menus and make sure that all picture settings that can be turned off are indeed turned off completely, anything that is a picture processing tech is better turned off as a rule.

If this doesn't solve the issue then it's contact Samsung and/or your retailer to find out if this is normal for this particular tv i'm afraid or live with it if it's possible for you to do so.

Hope that helps, best regards
emotion-1.gif

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi nick! yes im being a fuss pot again i so i sometimes wonder if i should of gone for a different manufacturer with all the problems ive had in the past with samsung , but i am happy with the tv just hope its not another issue raising its ugly head i was watching blueray last night when it was doing it i have mpeg and noise reduction of anyway but have the motion judder cancelation could that cause the problem if so i will turn that of as well cheers andrew

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello my friend!

Good to hear you are happy with the tv but you aren't being fussy, if it's annoying you now then it will only annoy you further in the future. It really does sound like you have some sort of motion processing going on and that it's not the tv at fault, if you have the motion judder cancelation on or any other motion tech on then turn it all off!!! Remember that when watching bluray the disc is output to your screen at 1080p 24fps....as soon as you introduce ANY motion processing to that signal you are not seeing the image as it was intended. By all means try using some motion options for SD material if you like the effect (i don't i'm bit of a purist lol) but you should view any HD with it all off simply because you just don't need it.

Really hope this solves it, best regards
emotion-21.gif

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi nick turned it of seems alot better, one more question this tv has 600hz sub field tech which they say puts more frames per second into picture so i take it by switching this motion tech of you no longer are getting it ,which then why do manufacturers insist on adding all these gimmicks if they do nothing at all. i dont watch any SD so it will now stay of cheers again for your help andrew

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Andrew,

I'm afraid you have fallen for a known trick with tv manufacturers.....the 600hz sub field has absolutely NOTHING to do with motion that number is how the tv processes it's colours! My Panasonic makes the same claim but i can tell you that it has nothing to do with motion, it's a very confusing number tbh as most people would think as you do that it equals motion but that is exactly why they use it as quite simply it sells tv's! That goes for all the gimmicks they use on tv's now (3D for example lol) it's perhaps not necessary to put all the tech into them but it helps sell the tv's in large numbers
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts