Question Phono Stage

danny-79

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi. Second post to the forum.
Hifi for me is something that I’ve always had. Two speakers. Amp. Components. I was 14 when I got my first real set up (Sony amp and CD player, floor standing speakers) and 30+ when I upgraded the lot to start again (it was 2014 ) not sure of the model (I’m not at home while writing this so will edit later with model numbers) but anyways...... hifi is something I love dearly but to be totally honest don’t know that much about in the grand scheme of things.

My question is phono stage. 2014 was when I dug out my old LP collection from back when it was vinyl and tape all in ones unit that I had.
my first real amp I didn’t have a record deck and the one I have now has it built in.

In short would I benifit from getting one ? What channel would I need to use on my amp? The phono channel its already in or would I need to move it to another, Aux for example.

I need educating 😜 I’ve managed this long with out one but ...

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance
Dan

danny-79

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi thanks for reply. I possibly meant the amp is phono ready. I’m not at home atm to get exact model number but the amp is Marantz 5004 possibly with a pro-ject debut carbon.
Soon as possible I’ll make a list of all the stuff I’ve got for future recommendations/input
Thanks again

Should you choose to buy an external phono amp then yes, you would connect it to the Aux input.
You say your current turntable has a built phono amp? If it does then it shouldn't be in the phono input unless you are not using the built-in phono amp.
Perhaps if you tell use the model of your amplifier and turntable it would be helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts