Question Phono Stage

danny-79

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi. Second post to the forum.
Hifi for me is something that I’ve always had. Two speakers. Amp. Components. I was 14 when I got my first real set up (Sony amp and CD player, floor standing speakers) and 30+ when I upgraded the lot to start again (it was 2014 ) not sure of the model (I’m not at home while writing this so will edit later with model numbers) but anyways...... hifi is something I love dearly but to be totally honest don’t know that much about in the grand scheme of things.

My question is phono stage. 2014 was when I dug out my old LP collection from back when it was vinyl and tape all in ones unit that I had.
my first real amp I didn’t have a record deck and the one I have now has it built in.

In short would I benifit from getting one ? What channel would I need to use on my amp? The phono channel its already in or would I need to move it to another, Aux for example.

I need educating 😜 I’ve managed this long with out one but ...

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance
Dan

Should you choose to buy an external phono amp then yes, you would connect it to the Aux input.
You say your current turntable has a built phono amp? If it does then it shouldn't be in the phono input unless you are not using the built-in phono amp.
Perhaps if you tell use the model of your amplifier and turntable it would be helpful.

danny-79

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi thanks for reply. I possibly meant the amp is phono ready. I’m not at home atm to get exact model number but the amp is Marantz 5004 possibly with a pro-ject debut carbon.
Soon as possible I’ll make a list of all the stuff I’ve got for future recommendations/input
Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts