Phono amp with Clearaudio Concept

LesT73

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if anyone has experience with either the lehmann Black Cube Linear Se and/or the rega Aria with the Concept turntable? My location makes it very difficult to demo any of these without plannign a major journey so i was keen to get any views before doing so. My concern with the Rega is that perhaps the gain settings may be limiting in terms of exact matching to individual cartridges (to avoid unnecessary noise), either with the stock Concept cartridge or upgraded ones. Oh, and of course I'm interested in how each one sounds! Do they differ greatly in their presentation?

LesT73

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Basically from reading online reviews. I do have previous experience with Lehmann products (albeit heaphone amp) and was impressed by build quality and sound.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Reading online reviews is what pointed me in the direction of Graham Slee. OK, the Rega Aria didn't exist back then, but I very much got the impression that the Black Cube had been bettered by many. I don't know if this really is the case because my experience is limited. What I initially liked about the Graham Slee experience was the access through his user forum to a two week, no obligation home loan of any of his kit. I took advantage and was smitten. Since you say that auditioning is not easy for you to arrange you might find this facility useful. All you have to do is join the forum and arrange a loan. Participating in the forum also earns you discount. Maybe I'll "see" you over there. Good luck whatever you decide.

LesT73

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Indeed you are correct. I used to own the Linear and it was (is!) a headphone amp. Slip of the keyboard.... It was the SE II phono I was referring to.

Thanks for the advice also. I am currently reading up on the Graham Slee Reflex C as well as the Lehmann. Both appear highly regarded.

LesT73 said:
Indeed you are correct. I used to own the Linear and it was (is!) a headphone amp. Slip of the keyboard.... It was the SE II phono I was referring to.

Thanks for the advice also. I am currently reading up on the Graham Slee Reflex C as well as the Lehmann. Both appear highly regarded.

Indeed they do and if you are going down the Graham Slee route you might look at the more recent and more 'tweakable' Revelation.

Sorry, ignore above as I see you were talking about the stock cartridge on the Clearaudio..... doh!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts